[horde] logging into horde just fails quietly

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 27 06:11:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:

> Check if your sessions cookies are okay. Clear the cookies in your
> browser and verify that cookies are allowed. Have a look at your PHP
> settings to see where the sessions are stored and if the permissions
> are correct. Seams to me that your session is destroyed after login.

  that sounds plausible, since horde verifies that the login succeeds,
only to dump me back at a blank login screen.  so perhaps it starts a
session, only to terminate it almost immediately and start the process
over again.  it would certainly resemble what i'm seeing.  (other
users have tried to log in with their normal accounts and passwords,
and the horde log file claims that *their* logins succeeded as well.)

  cookies don't appear to be an issue -- an attempt to log in stores
exactly two cookies on my system:

  * one with the name "Horde3.3.4" (the name i gave the app)
  * one with the name "auth_key"

both from the proper URL.  so i don't think cookies are the problem.
continuing to investigate, thanks.

rday