[horde] logging into horde just fails quietly

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Aug 27 08:00:31 UTC 2009

Zitat von "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:
>
>> Check if your sessions cookies are okay. Clear the cookies in your
>> browser and verify that cookies are allowed. Have a look at your PHP
>> settings to see where the sessions are stored and if the permissions
>> are correct. Seams to me that your session is destroyed after login.
>
>   that sounds plausible, since horde verifies that the login succeeds,
> only to dump me back at a blank login screen.  so perhaps it starts a
> session, only to terminate it almost immediately and start the process
> over again.  it would certainly resemble what i'm seeing.  (other
> users have tried to log in with their normal accounts and passwords,
> and the horde log file claims that *their* logins succeeded as well.)
>
>   cookies don't appear to be an issue -- an attempt to log in stores
> exactly two cookies on my system:
>
>   * one with the name "Horde3.3.4" (the name i gave the app)
>   * one with the name "auth_key"
>
> both from the proper URL.  so i don't think cookies are the problem.
> continuing to investigate, thanks.

The cookies in your browser are only one side of the coin. Check your
PHP settings where sessions are stored and have a look if the
Webserver user is able to write there and if you see some session
files in there.
Next is to grep all your logfiles (/var/log/ on Linux) for PHP related errors.

Regards

Andreas