[horde] logging into horde just fails quietly

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Aug 27 07:28:08 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de wrote:

  ... snip ...

> Check if your sessions cookies are okay. Clear the cookies in your
> browser and verify that cookies are allowed. Have a look at your PHP
> settings to see where the sessions are stored and if the permissions
> are correct. Seams to me that your session is destroyed after login.

  here's a bit more info.  i checked the differences between the old
(3.0.9) conf.php file and the new one, related to session settings:

3.0.9:

$conf['session']['name'] = 'Horde';
$conf['session']['cache_limiter'] = 'nocache';
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'none';

3.3.4:

$conf['session']['name'] = 'Horde3.3.4';
$conf['session']['use_only_cookies'] = true;
$conf['session']['cache_limiter'] = 'nocache';
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'none';
$conf['sessionhandler']['memcache'] = false;

  i can't say i understand what's going on underneath, but is there
something in the above that might explain why sessions seem to
terminate almost immediately?  in setting up 3.3.4, i just tried to
duplicate as many of the 3.0.9 settings as possible.

rday