[horde] I've been confused about horde versioning since git partially took the place of cvs head.

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Aug 27 22:50:33 UTC 2009

Since there have been many changes en FRAMEWORK_3, I want to update my
horde installation.  For years I just ran cvs head without major
problems.  I just backed up the working version, ran cvs,  updated
database and configuration and if there were problems, restored the
previous version and waited until things stabilized and tried again.

I want to start doing something similar again to get the many changes
that aren't in the last releases.

I'm not sure what my options are.  I'm assuming that I could combine
cvs head with git and get the very latest bleeding edge code or I
could use the  FRAMEWORK_3 tag.   I am assuming that the head version
on cvs needs to be combined with git.  Could someone confirm that and
or other combinations.

I don't plan to upgrade my old system but prefer to build in new from
scratch both code and databases.  I'll only reuse my ldap for users.
I really don't care if a few tools are temporally broken I just want
to get back to following horde development.

Any suggestions and/or links would be greatly appreciated.

ed