[horde] question

wewetzer at ualberta.ca wewetzer at ualberta.ca
Sat Sep 5 05:43:25 UTC 2009

Good day!

I use a horde email accounts for university as well as at work. I also
use a gmail account to access work related emails. I have connected my
iPhone to Gmail so that I can receive push messages and was wondering
if it is possible to receive push messages from my Horde email
accounts? I tried to set up an account through my iPhone, but a window
comes up that askes me if the account is a IMAP or POP account. It
also requires me to include the incoming mail server host name, user
name and password. Furthermore, it askes me for the outgoing mail
server host name, user name and password. I am assuming the password
is simply the login password, but I do not know what I should put for
the host name and user name?

Is using my iPhones web browser to log onto the accounts via the
internet the only way I can access the emails?

Lastly, if push messaging is not available through Horde, can I
forward the emails from my Horde email accounts to a gmail account? I
have tried to set up a forwarding system that will send all of the
emails to the gmail account, but couldn't figure it out.

Thank you very much for your time! It is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Randy