[horde] question

Roberto Maurizzi roberto.maurizzi at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 17:12:52 UTC 2009

2009/9/5 <wewetzer at ualberta.ca>

> Good day!
>
> I use a horde email accounts for university as well as at work. I also use
> a gmail account to access work related emails. I have connected my iPhone to
> Gmail so that I can receive push messages and was wondering if it is
> possible to receive push messages from my Horde email accounts? I tried to
> set up an account through my iPhone, but a window comes up that askes me if
> the account is a IMAP or POP account. It also requires me to include the
> incoming mail server host name, user name and password.

Horde is simply a frontend to a mail server. It's that mail server that
stores your emails, and to be able to read that emails from your phone or
another mail program, you should ask your mail administrator what are the
server names, protocols (IMAP or POP) username and password.

> Lastly, if push messaging is not available through Horde, can I forward the
> emails from my Horde email accounts to a gmail account? I have tried to set
> up a forwarding system that will send all of the emails to the gmail
> account, but couldn't figure it out.

Again, that has to do with what your system's administrators have decided.
Horde is capable to set up a forward for a whole lot of different mail
server types and setups, but maybe in your case this has been disabled, or
simply doesn't work.

Ciao,
  Roberto