[horde] Different character encodings for American and British English?

Andreas Ntaflos daff at pseudoterminal.org
Sun Sep 13 02:57:06 UTC 2009

On Sunday 13 September 2009 04:34:22 Andreas Ntaflos wrote:
> Is there a way to configure it? I'd like to be able to
>  use UTF-8 for British English as well as for German, not only for
>  American English.

The answer to this question seems to be to add entries to
horde/config/nls.php:

$nls['charsets']['en_GB'] = 'UTF-8';
$nls['charsets']['de_DE'] = 'UTF-8';

But why (and where) is being decided that American English sets UTF-8
encoding but British English or German not?

Andreas
--
Andreas Ntaflos
Vienna, Austria

GPG Fingerprint: 6234 2E8E 5C81 C6CB E5EC  7E65 397C E2A8 090C A9B4