[horde] Authentication on Red Hat style systems

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Sep 21 02:18:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 21:10 -0500, Eric Jon Rostetter wrote:
> > I'd like to try to get auth working locally
>
> Why?  Are you not using IMP also?
>
> > So that if the IMAP server is down/inaccessible then its only that
> > service that is broken.
>
> Okay, I suppose that is reasonable.  For us, the #1 used app is IMP,
> and if the IMAP server is down I'm in hot water anyway, so it makes
> since for me.
----
probably important to state that you have to authenticate to the IMAP
server anyway and there are actually 2 points of authentication, IMP and
horde framework and since the IMAP protocols are plentiful, it's easiest
to just set up authentication in horde as 'Let an horde application
handle authentication' and then choose IMP for authentication and you
are finished. It is the simplest way and it always seems to work. Every
other configuration requires knowledge and effort.

Craig

believed to be clean.