[horde] Turba Database as an OpenOffice.org data source?

Bill Day williamson.day at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:36:35 UTC 2009

I have been wondering whether it would make sense to experiment with Turba's
MySQL database address book as a data source for OpenOffice.org addresses.
I would rather not mess up my Turba database, thank you, but it would be
very convenient to share my address book directly with my word processor.
However, when I took a look at the Turba database, it appeared that there
were multiple entries per addressee.  I am having a bit of trouble filtering
out multiple entries with my limited SQL skills.

1) Is trying to use Turba's database in this fashion a stroke of genius or a
plunge into idiocy?

2) If it does make sense to use Turba's database in this fashion, can anyone
outline the structure of a query that might yield one entry per name and
address?

Thanks,

Bill Day

--
Bill Day
williamson.day at gmail.com
PGP Fingerprint: EE5D DE55 9EF1 E012 7417
A5F1 1D7D 0847 7785 1146