[horde] Turba Database as an OpenOffice.org data source?

Michael J. Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Sep 24 17:18:41 UTC 2009

Quoting Bill Day <williamson.day at gmail.com>:

> I have been wondering whether it would make sense to experiment with Turba's
> MySQL database address book as a data source for OpenOffice.org addresses.
> I would rather not mess up my Turba database, thank you, but it would be
> very convenient to share my address book directly with my word processor.
> However, when I took a look at the Turba database, it appeared that there
> were multiple entries per addressee.  I am having a bit of trouble filtering
> out multiple entries with my limited SQL skills.
>
> 1) Is trying to use Turba's database in this fashion a stroke of genius or a
> plunge into idiocy?

I'm not familiar enough with how OpenOffice connects to remote data
sources...or they are authenticated etc.., so not sure how crazy this
is ;)

> 2) If it does make sense to use Turba's database in this fashion, can anyone
> outline the structure of a query that might yield one entry per name and
> address?

Not sure where you are seeing the multiple entries. Could be the same
person is a different user's address book, could be a group
entry...not really sure.  Perhaps if you included the SQL statement
you are using, and what results you are getting (with any sensitive
data removed obviously), we can go from there.

--
Thanks,
mike

--