[horde] Horde categories and vCard

Art art2crazy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:41:01 UTC 2009

Jan Schneider <jan <at> horde.org> writes:

> Zitat von Art <art2crazy <at> gmail.com>:
>
> > Hi,
> > My setup is:
> >
> > Horde 3.3.5
> > Turba 2.3.2
> >
> > First thanks guys for an excellent product; the more I use it the
> > better it gets!
> > One of the problems I'm having is with horde categories and vCard.
> > Category filed in turba/config/attributes.php is set up as follows:
> >
> > $attributes['category'] = array(
> >      'label' => _("Category"),
> >      'type' => 'category',
> >      'params' => array(),
> >      'required' => false
> > );
> >
> > When I export my test address book to vCard everything is OK, but
> > when I try to import it back, category is cut to the first letter
> > and horde is treating it as new category.
> > Ex: if category in vCard is "CATEGORIES:Self" it will be imported as "S"
> > I first noticed it during sync with my Pocket PC, but I tested it
> > with just a regular import/export from turba and it's as I described
> > above. When I change the type to text in attributes file, horde
> > imports it correctly.
> > So, I guess the question is if this is a known bug/somebody can
> > confirm or if not how can I trace is it, and maybe you can tell me
> > which file/function is responsible for matching horde categories?
>
> The mapping between vCard properties and Turba attributes happens in
> the toHash() method in turba/lib/Driver.php.
>
> Jan.

Mapping between vCard and Horde attributes is working; value in the hash seems
to be OK - when I change the type of the filed to 'text' everything seems
fine. It's only when the type of the filed is set to 'category' and turba
suppose to use existing horde categories, the value from the hash gets cut to
just a first letter.
Is there some "post-processing"/matching to existing horde categories done
somewhere else?

Thanks,
art