[horde] Horde HTTPS login

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Sep 29 16:17:34 UTC 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Jose Luis Marin Perez wrote:

> Dear Sirs
>
> I currently have 3 Horde webmail configured in 3 different servers that
> are connected to an IMAP server and desire implemented HTTPS for
> entering username and password.
>
> I understand that in this case would need to use SSL 3 certificates.
>
> If all 3 webmail Horde connect to the same IMAP server, there a method
> to use just one certificate for the login?

Your 3 Horde servers can share the same SSL certificate if they all are
sharing the same domain name.  For example, you could have all 3 servers
behind a load balancer or use DNS round-robin (such as
http://horde.example.com).  We do that here.

However, if your Horde servers use different domain names (such as
horde1.example.com, horde2.example.com, and horde3.example.com) then you
must use 3 SSL certificates.  Otherwise, your users will get a certificate
name mismatch error when they visit your site.

 	Andy