[horde] alternatives to realm

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 30 09:14:30 UTC 2009

Zitat von Ibon Igartua <ibon.igartua at ehu.es>:

>  Hi there,
>
>  We have one instance of Hode Webmail Edition against two different
> mail servers.
>
>  We are using the "realm" parameter in imp/servers.conf (attached)
> so we can distinguish the server a user is logged to in some
> configuration scripts (gollem/backends.php, ingo/backends.php, ...
> example attached) using the function Auth::getAuthDomain()
>
>  We have some problems with the "realm" string when syncing from
> some clients so we are considering not using realm any more.
>
>  I wonder if there is any way to know witch is the server the user
> is logged to if I don't use realm.

If you authenticate against IMP, you can check the $_SESSION['imp']
variable which has a lot of server information stored. This is much
more hackish than using Auth::getAuthDomain() and realms, but it
should work for you.

Or you can try fixing http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/6749.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/