[horde] Mac OS X Server & Horde

Horde horde at toyne.cix.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 17:47:28 UTC 2009

Hello

Thank you for that Niels, appreciate the comments. My current
installation was done using qmailtoaster (qmail/courier-imap/etc) but
getting a low WAF <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wife_acceptance_factor>
at the moment as, for one reason or another, it breaks and email/etc
stops working. I never seem to find the time to fix/rebuild, hence
looking at an alternative solution.

OK, I have done a bit more digging and found that OSX-Server uses
postfix (MTA) and dovecot (LDA) in its mail server. Although I'm not yet
certain if it is possible to utilise vpopmail. So from this, I would
guess that it would be possible to utilise Horde for mail.

Also included is an iCal server (caldav) and an address book server
(carddav). Does anyone know if it is possible to link Hordes calendar
and address book into these as a data source?

And if anyone has experience of using OSX-Server, I would appreciate any
comments you might have.

TIA and regards
Kevin T.