[horde] horde imap-2007e php compilation issues

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Sun Dec 6 23:57:46 UTC 2009

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> Hi Vilius,
>
> Thank you kindly for your reply.
>
> Well, yes, ok, fair enough. Here's the output when I compile
> php with the same switches, _without_ the seperate imap.tar.Z
> (and the --with-imap=<path> switch)
> file from UW :
>
> ---
> ext/imap/: file not recognized: Is a directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [libphp5.la] Error 1
> ---

As Vilius has said, CentOS works fine with Horde with pre-built
packages. The whole point of CentOS is stability and tested packages,
not compiling stuff yourself unless there are NO other options.

I run the entire Horde suite on CentOS 5.4, with supporting packages
either from standard CentOS repos, and the occasional package from
some of the Extra repos like elrepo or rpmforge. I use Cyrus as the
IMAP server, Postfix for SMTP, and spamassassin, amavisd-new and
clamav for protection.

Easy to setup, easy to maintain. No idea why you'd need (or want) to
compile PHP...

--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net