[horde] "sendmail returned error code 127"

tom burkart horde at aussec.com
Sun Jan 10 23:42:51 UTC 2010

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> So, you install the framework first; then the rest as add-ons
> (in laymans' words).
No, either the groupware edition or the webmail edition is fine, as it
has a lot of add-ons installed and all prerequisites already included.

> I've asked this before but got no answer. From what I understand,
> this - http://www.horde.org/webmail - is an all-in-one solution and
> you don't need the framework; In addition to this the tutorial you
> suggested I should read (which I have ; word-for-word for the last
> one month, thank you anyway), is based on an installation with
> Horde Webmail edition. It says nothing anywere about Horde Framework
> Edition.
Correct to all of the above.

> I've asked some two weeks ago, how I should proceed with the Horde
> installation. Should I install both this -> http://www.horde.org/horde
> and this -> http://www.horde.org/webmail , but got no answer.
No, just the latter is fine.

> Anyway, I managed to cock-up everything this evening and got webmail
> to stop functioning anyway. So, what I am planning of doing tomorrow
> morning is re-install the whole thing (I've got a CentOS, LAMP, PERL,
> PEAR image ready to be installed, all that remains is Horde / dovecot
> and [for my instance] XMail).
> What I am going to do is install horde framework under "/var/www/horde"
> and horde webmail edition under "/var/www/webmail".
That should be fine.

One thing though, make sure you fill in the "administrator accounts"
field in the horde configuration (horde/config/conf.php):
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('tom');
Make sure this is replaced with whatever username you log in as (using
imp).  I suspect that that was one point that was missing in your setup.

tom