[horde] "sendmail returned error code 127"

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 10 21:09:45 UTC 2010

Hi Luis,

Thank you for your reply.

> The framework is the base software that makes possible for
> the horde
> modules (imp, turba, horde) to work.

So, you install the framework first; then the rest as add-ons
(in laymans' words).

> The confusion may exist because the framework itself is
> also called
> "horde framework", the same name of the horde module, which
> is the basic
> module for any other app work.
>
> You should set up a installation following a tutorial, like
> this [1], to
> better understand the process and configurations. The
> benefit of the
> bundle (webmail groupware) is that it already comes with
> the framework
> and apps embedded and partially already set up.

I've asked this before but got no answer. From what I understand,
this - http://www.horde.org/webmail - is an all-in-one solution and
you don't need the framework; In addition to this the tutorial you
suggested I should read (which I have ; word-for-word for the last
one month, thank you anyway), is based on an installation with
Horde Webmail edition. It says nothing anywere about Horde Framework
Edition.

> Cheers!
>
> [1] http://wiki.horde.org/CentOS5InstallationNotes

I've asked some two weeks ago, how I should proceed with the Horde
installation. Should I install both this -> http://www.horde.org/horde
and this -> http://www.horde.org/webmail , but got no answer.

Anyway, I managed to cock-up everything this evening and got webmail
to stop functioning anyway. So, what I am planning of doing tomorrow
morning is re-install the whole thing (I've got a CentOS, LAMP, PERL,
PEAR image ready to be installed, all that remains is Horde / dovecot
and [for my instance] XMail).
What I am going to do is install horde framework under "/var/www/horde"
and horde webmail edition under "/var/www/webmail".

If you chaps believe I am wasting my time, please say so .
That's all I want to know. I've done this dozens of times and I don't
care. it's the learning curve. Once you document everything, at some
point you get there. On the other hand if I am making a mistake, let me know.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

S.t.