[horde] However, still no joy !

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Jan 12 15:20:31 UTC 2010

On 12 Jan 2010 at 13:32, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> so, what you say is a plain linux user. OK, I've added a user called
> "administrator". I made sure I've updated the field under
> "/var/www/horde/config/conf.php", restarted apache.
>
> Same thing.
>
> From what I understand the question is where does "administrator"
> auth from . Does it auth from linux ? Does it auth from dovecot ?

It is up to you, Horde can use IMAP, LDAP... If you are using IMAP,
fine! If dovecot is using IMAP and can authenticate your user
wherever you created it, OK than!

> As I stated before, whatever I enter in at /var/dovecot/passwd, the
> system (horde) recognizes it.

Describe that "same thing". What you see?
What application you get into, Mail?
Can you see Horde icon in the menu bar? Can you click on it and get
into Horde?
In  horde/imp/config/servers.php, what is the value of  'hordeauth'?

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br