[horde] Install on shared Server

Derek Blumenschein derek at northidahophotography.com
Fri Jan 22 05:07:33 UTC 2010

I am attempting to install on a shared hosting account through
hostmonster.com.  I have copied the files and attempted to run the setup
script but am getting the following message:

403 Forbidden

Access is forbidden to the requested page:

66.147.240.194/~bonnersf/mail/scripts/setup.php (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to 66.147.240.194's WebMaster.

----

Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.14 OpenSSL/0.9.8l DAV/2
mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at 66.147.240.194 Port
80

When I check test.php I get the following:

Horde Version

Horde: 3.3.6

Horde Applications

Dimp: H3 (1.1.4)

Horde: 3.3.6

Imp: H3 (4.3.6) (run Imp tests)

Ingo: H3 (1.2.3) (run Ingo tests)

Kronolith: H3 (2.3.3) (run Kronolith tests)

Mimp: H3 (1.1.3)

Mnemo: H3 (2.2.3)

Nag: H3 (2.3.4)

Turba: H3 (2.3.3) (run Turba tests)

PHP Version

View phpinfo() screen

View loaded extensions

PHP Version: 5.2.11

PHP Major Version: 5.2

PHP Minor Version: 11

PHP Version Classification: release

You are running a supported version of PHP.

PHP Module Capabilities

Ctype Support: Yes

DOM XML Support: Yes

FTP Support: Yes

GD Support: Yes

Gettext Support: Yes

GeoIP Support (via PECL extension): No

Horde can optionally use the GeoIP extension to provide faster country name
lookups.

Iconv Support: Yes

GNU Iconv Support: Yes

IMAP Support: Yes

Imagick Library: No

Horde can make use of the Imagick Library, if it is installed on your
system. It is highly recommended to use either ImageMagick's convert utility
or the Imagick php library for faster results.

JSON Support: Yes

LDAP Support: No

LDAP support is only required if you want to use an LDAP server for anything
like authentication, address books, or preference storage.

LZF Compression Support: No

If the lzf PECL module is available, Horde can compress some cached data in
your session to make your session size smaller.

Mbstring Support: Yes

PCRE Support: Yes

PCRE UTF-8 Support: Yes

Mcrypt Support: Yes

memcached Support (memcache): No

The memcache PECL module is only needed if you are using a memcached server
for caching or sessions. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to
install PECL/PHP extensions.

MIME Magic Support (fileinfo): No

The fileinfo PECL module or the mime_magic PHP extension (see below) will
most likely provide faster MIME Magic lookups than the built-in Horde PHP
magic code. See horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
PECL/PHP extensions.

MIME Magic Support (mime_magic): Yes

MySQL Support: Yes

OpenSSL Support: Yes

PostgreSQL Support: Yes

Session Support: Yes

XML Support: Yes

Zlib Support: Yes

Miscellaneous PHP Settings

magic_quotes_runtime disabled: Yes

memory_limit value: 32M

If PHP's internal memory limit is not set high enough Horde will not be able
to handle large data items (e.g. large mail attachments in IMP). You should
set the value of memory_limit in php.ini to a sufficiently high value - at
least 64M is recommended.

safe_mode disabled: Yes

session.use_trans_sid disabled: Yes

session.auto_start disabled: Yes

zlib.output_compression disabled: Yes

zend_accelerator.compress_all disabled: Yes

File Uploads

file_uploads enabled: Yes

upload_max_filesize: 2M

post_max_size: 8M

This value should be several times the expect largest upload size
(notwithstanding any upload limits present in an application). Any upload
that exceeds this size will cause any state information sent along with the
uploaded data to be lost. This is a PHP limitation and can not be worked
around.

Required Horde Configuration Files

config/conf.php: Yes

config/mime_drivers.php: Yes

config/nls.php: Yes

config/prefs.php: Yes

config/registry.php: Yes

PHP Sessions

Session counter: 6

To unregister the session: click here

PEAR

PEAR Search Path (PHP's include_path):
/home3/bonnersf/public_html/mail/lib:/home3/bonnersf/public_html/mail/lib/..
/pear/php

PEAR: Yes

Recent PEAR: Yes

Mail: Yes

Mail_Mime: Yes

Mail_mimeDecode: Yes

Log: Yes

DB: Yes

MDB2: Yes

Net_Socket: Yes

Date: Yes

Auth_SASL: Yes

HTTP_Request: Yes

HTTP_WebDAV_Server: Yes

Net_SMTP: Yes

Services_Weather: Yes

Cache: Yes

XML_Serializer: Yes

Net_DNS: Yes

>From reading on how to create the database manually I am wondering if part
of the problem is on the shared host databases start with the account info,
i.e. bonnersf_ so the horde database would be bonnersf_horde.  If anyone can
point me in the right direction to install on a shared host or has any ideas
I would greatly appreciate it.  Hostmonster does have HORDE installed in
cpanel but it is a limited version and can not be changed (missing shared
contacts, ect.).  The will not provide any support for third party apps.

Also to note I thought if I changed the permissions of the setup.php file or
directory it would work but I still receive the same message.

Derek Blumenschein

North Idaho Photography