[horde] Three questions for the gurus out there. . .

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 16:51:04 UTC 2010

Hello list,

OK, three questions :

1. Would anyone have any pointers on using horde under secure
http (https) ? It seems I cannot make it serve secure pages.
I've created my own certs from a howto page I've found on the net
but it doesn't do the trick.

2. This (taken from http://localhost/horde/test.php -> Run IMP tests
 -> PHP Mail Server Support Test (fom the IMAP option) :

---
    * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

          ERROR - The server returned the following error message:

          SECURITY PROBLEM: insecure server advertised AUTH=PLAINCertificate failure for localhost: self signed certificate:
          /C=GR/ST=Kerkyra/L=Kerkyra/O=Enterprize Name /OU=IMAP
          server/CN=webmail.domain.gr/emailAddress=postmaster at webmail.domain.gr
---

Does this fall under the first question ? I would think so. But, still,
I don't know how to fix this.

3. Hardware question :
What kind of hardware do you chaps think I should use for a Horde
Installation serving a couple of domains (about four or five), with
about 10 mailboxes in each domain ?

Would a PIV @3.0GHz with 2Gb RAM be enough ?

Thank you kindly ,

Spyros