[horde] Three questions for the gurus out there. . .

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:49:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 16:51, Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> OK, three questions :
>
> 1. Would anyone have any pointers on using horde under secure
> http (https) ? It seems I cannot make it serve secure pages.
> I've created my own certs from a howto page I've found on the net
> but it doesn't do the trick.

That's up to your web server - ensure it's configured to only serve up
Horde over HTTPS.

> 3. Hardware question :
> What kind of hardware do you chaps think I should use for a Horde
> Installation serving a couple of domains (about four or five), with
> about 10 mailboxes in each domain ?
>
> Would a PIV @3.0GHz with 2Gb RAM be enough ?

How often are they accessing it?  How much email do they get?  How big
are those emails?  How are they accessing it?

Fifty users who pop in once a day to read and reply to a single small
email from the far end of a slow connection will have very different
requirements to 50 active users sending and receiving multi MB emails
every few minutes across a Gbit LAN ;)

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor