[horde] Three questions for the gurus out there. . .

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 22 18:54:42 UTC 2010

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> 1. Would anyone have any pointers on using horde under secure
> http (https) ? It seems I cannot make it serve secure pages.
> I've created my own certs from a howto page I've found on the net
> but it doesn't do the trick.

First, get your web server working with the https for normal pages.
Once that is done, it should be easy to get Horde working also.

>     * Trying protocol imap/ssl, Port 993:

Set it to /imap/ssl/novalidate-cert (or imap/tls/novalidate-cert) and
it should work.

> 3. Hardware question :
> What kind of hardware do you chaps think I should use for a Horde
> Installation serving a couple of domains (about four or five), with
> about 10 mailboxes in each domain ?
>
> Would a PIV @3.0GHz with 2Gb RAM be enough ?

I would think that should be fine, unless your users have giant mbox mail
files or something (mbox files > 2-4 GB).  But for normal users, or maildir,
that should be fine.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.