[horde] Kronolith event_id / event_uid

Werner Van Belle werner at yellowcouch.org
Tue Feb 9 14:20:40 UTC 2010

Roberto Polli wrote:
> There's an old thread on this.

A threadid or some form of reference would have been helpful I guess.
> Anyway those fields are still quite redundant to me ;)

I did some experimenting and it seems that both fields are usable the
way I imagined it. The event_id is a primary key. One can just dump a
32  character string in it that will never collide with the ones from
kronolith itself. E.g: blah_76345 instead of cbddba1235bdfcde. The
event_uid fields are useful as an external key if one downloads a
calendar from a remote host. In that case they are useful to detect
whether something changed or whether something is a new entry.

Thanks for the answer anyway,

With kind regards,

Werner,-

--