[horde] Kronolith event_id / event_uid

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 9 14:35:08 UTC 2010

Quoting Werner Van Belle <werner at yellowcouch.org>:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently working to directly sync an external base into the
> kronolith_event table.
> Most columns are fairly straightforward, however, I don't really
> understand the reason of the event_uid column. Can I just assign a
> unique number (in the sense of the external database) to it ? Or in
> other words: is the event_uid field otherwise used in other tables
> and/or affected ? Similar for the event_id field. Is this just a unique
> number buyt otherwise not used in other tables ?

The event_id is a unique identifier for every single entry in the
table, it must be unique across the db. It uniquely identifies all
entries, even different entries of the same event (i.e. an event that
you were invited to by another kronolith user, and you accepted into
your calendar, will appear twice in the table - each with a different
event_id).

The event_uid field is a globally unique identifier for *events*. So,
in the example above, each entry representing the same event,
regardless of whose calendar it is on will have the same event_uid.
This uid follows the event information anywhere it goes - to a mobile
device, another user's calendar etc... so it needs to be globally
unique.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
mike