[horde] list all users

Martin Kleinschmidt mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Mar 19 11:21:07 UTC 2010

On Do, 18 M?r 2010, Michael Rubinsky wrote:

>Quoting Martin Kleinschmidt <mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de>:
>
>>in the last days, I have set up a test installation of horde webmail.
>>most things look good. But if I create a new task, there is only me I
>>can choose as assignee.
>>
>>Authentication is done on a dovecot imap server. dovecot does
>>authentication via PAM to our ypserver.
>>
>>Am I doing something wrong?
>
>Nope. When using IMAP authentication Horde is unable to list users
>since the users are controlled by the IMAP server. This is also the

OK, thanks.

>reason why if you go to admin/user.php, you will get notices that you
>cannot manage users with your choosen authentication backend.

yes, right.

so what would be the easiest way for me to go when I want to have the
users listed there? Which authentication method should I use instead of
IMAP?
Current setup is:
a firewall and a webserver in "the internet"
a yp and fileserver and a mailserver (including IMAP) behind the
firewall in the intranet. 10 users.

   ...martin