[horde] Install Horde from Git

Jonathan Rogers jonathan at findyourfans.com
Fri Mar 26 21:38:56 UTC 2010

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 14:42:01 -0600, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
wrote:
> Quoting Jonathan Rogers <jonathan at findyourfans.com>:
>
>> The only line like that in my horde/config/conf.php is the one at the
>> very
>> end, after the "YOU SHOULDN'T CHANGE ANTHING BELOW THIS LINE." line. I
>> started with "$conf['log']['enabled'] = false;" from the conf.php.dist.
>> just changed it to true, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on
>> anything.
>
> Are you absolutely sure you are using the most up to date git version?
>   There have been a bunch of fixes this week for precisely this issue
> - namely errors that occur during the initialization process (they are
> tricky to report, since the error reporting framework is not yet fully
> initialized - classic chicken and egg issue).

Although I'm still getting the "Bad log level" message, I think I can see
the message that was supposed to be logged in the traceback, which was
"Hook pushapp in application horde not called." Following is the entire
error page I'm getting from test.php:

A fatal error has occurred

Bad log level

[line 120 of /var/lib/horde/framework/Log/lib/Horde/Log/Logger.php]

Details:

The full error message is logged in Horde's log file, and is shown below
only to administrators. Non-administrative users will not see error
details.

Horde_Log_Exception Object
(
    [message:protected] => Bad log level
    [string:private] =>
    [code:protected] => 0
    [file:protected] =>
/var/lib/horde/framework/Log/lib/Horde/Log/Logger.php
    [line:protected] => 120
    [trace:private] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/lib/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde.php
                    [line] => 68
                    [function] => log
                    [class] => Horde_Log_Logger
                    [type] => ->
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => Hook pushapp in application horde not
called.
                            [1] => DEBUG
                            [2] => Array
                                (
                                    [trace] => 2
                                )

                        )

                )

            [1] => Array
                (
                    [file] => /var/lib/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde.php
                    [line] => 1725
                    [function] => logMessage
                    [class] => Horde
                    [type] => ::
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => Hook pushapp in application horde not
called.
                            [1] => DEBUG
                        )

                )

            [2] => Array
                (
                    [file] =>
/var/lib/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php
                    [line] => 1111
                    [function] => callHook
                    [class] => Horde
                    [type] => ::
                    [args] => Array
                        (
                            [0] => pushapp
                            [1] => Array
                                (
                                )

                            [2] => horde
                        )

                )

            [3] => Array
                (
                    [file] =>
/var/lib/horde/framework/Core/lib/Horde/Registry.php
                    [line] => 185
                    [function] => pushApp
                    [class] => Horde_Registry
                    [type] => ->