[horde] horde 4 and available features

tom burkart horde at aussec.com
Thu Jun 17 06:43:13 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
> Quoting Mark Chaney <lists at macscr.com>:
>> 3) Maybe already supported as I though I heard others talk about it
>> for IMP 4, but can it be integrated with a remote SpamAssassin
>> server for example so that users can have a junkmail folder and
>> teach the remote SA server that its spam or ham?
> I personally don't have experience with SA, so I'll let others answer.
Yes, this works.  The tricky part is to do the configuration tweaks.

In a nutshell:
You need spamc on the server where horde is hosted.  Then within
horde, one of the configs is: "/usr/bin/spamc -d <SA.server.net> -L
spam -u %u" (when using realms this gets somewhat more complicated).
Then on the SA server you need a few more options for spamd:
"--allow-tell --ip-address --allowed-ips=127.,<your horde server IP
addr here>"

tom