[horde] Horde Service Message

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Jun 17 20:12:37 UTC 2010

Quoting "Litten, Rob" <rlitten at onecommunications.com>:

> Is there anyway that we can post on the main page when someone logs in of
> any updates we have done to the system like, future updates etc.
> I know in the horde_prefs there we could easily flag a user as viewed system
> message.
> Then when a new system is created we could just remove this flag and the
> message would show up again.
> Just figured as robust as horde is already that there is not some way to do
> this already.
> If anyone can let me know if this is done somewhere please let me know.

This sounds like something that could be done via the LoginTasks
functionality. It would be pretty tricky to do it in H3, but in Horde
4 there is much better support for running any type of task on login,
while dictating how often it should happen etc...

A quick a dirty way would be either as a MOTD on the login page or
even an alarm created by an administrator, thought I believe that
would probably show way too often.

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein