[horde] Error while installing

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Aug 12 17:44:23 UTC 2010

Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Horde 4 hasn't been released, the INSTALL docs are not 100% accurate
> for the unpackaged code.

This is _very_ correct.

> IMO, if you are going to be running the development code, you should
> probably pull directly from the git repository and follow the
> instructions at http://horde.org/source/git.php - specifically the
> section about making your development directory web accessible.

I tried this last week and couldn't get it to work at all...  Either
the instructions are wrong, or are missing important steps.

I ended up downloading the snapshots instead, and got further than with
the git repo at least (though have yet to get it working completely).

My gut feeling is that the docs/scripts are so incomplete as to be useless
to anyone new to the git installation process.

This isn't meant as a complaint, but simply comments based on my trial
install last week...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.