[horde] Error while installing

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Aug 12 19:06:32 UTC 2010

Quoting Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Horde 4 hasn't been released, the INSTALL docs are not 100%
>> accurate for the unpackaged code.
>
> This is _very_ correct.
>
>> IMO, if you are going to be running the development code, you
>> should probably pull directly from the git repository and follow
>> the instructions at http://horde.org/source/git.php - specifically
>> the section about making your development directory web accessible.
>
> I tried this last week and couldn't get it to work at all...  Either
> the instructions are wrong, or are missing important steps.
>
> I ended up downloading the snapshots instead, and got further than with
> the git repo at least (though have yet to get it working completely).
>
> My gut feeling is that the docs/scripts are so incomplete as to be useless
> to anyone new to the git installation process.
>
> This isn't meant as a complaint, but simply comments based on my trial
> install last week...

I followed those exact instructions less then a week ago to reinstall
a dev install without issues. If you provide an error message you are
getting, or what exactly is failing, maybe I can help figure out which
step wasn't clear or was missed...

--
Mike

--
The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - A. Einstein