[horde] YQL and horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Tue Aug 24 02:57:11 UTC 2010

Quoting roman stachura <roman at stachura.ch>:

> Yes, this way we can build our own tables, to maintain horde-API and
> all the applications.
>
> Opentables are organised over github. So we can easily "Pull a
> Request" that allows us to send back changes from our fork to the
> main YQL repository.
> This way we can access the tables over CDN.
>
> http://developer.yahoo.net/blog/archives/2009/05/yql_open_tables.html

Interesting, thanks.

> But anyway, why is horde not on github?

We've been historically attached to hosting things ourselves. It might
be worth rethinking that; thanks for the poke in that direction (cc:ed
dev@ on this point). As an interim, do you know if there's a way for
github to mirror another repository, if we wanted to push everything
on git.horde.org to github as well?

> I let you know as soon as I got some working examples.

Thanks!

-chuck