[horde] PHP Deprecated errors

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Aug 29 00:22:35 UTC 2010

Quoting Jaap Winius <jwinius at umrk.nl>:

>> ... Make sure that PHP is restarted though.
>
> People keep saying that. Does PHP run as a daemon on your system?
> Whenever I make changes to php.ini, I restart or reload the web
> server.

If you are running PHP as an Apache module, or as a FastCGI process
(two examples), there will always be some running PHP processes that
won't read the config changes.  These instances will eventually dies
(once they reach their max processes limit), but you might see
weird/inconsistent results until then (i.e. one time you load a page
it works, the next time you see the old behavior).

michael