[horde] preview pdf

Alexa Rodriguez avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar
Fri Sep 24 15:24:21 UTC 2010

Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> escribió:

> Quoting Alexa Rodriguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:
>
>> Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com> escribió:

>>> Are we to assume you are talking about IMP here?  If so, please be
>>>   aware that there is an imp mailing list, and this is probably
>>> better  suited for that list.
>>
>> Ok, thanks!
>> I will try in this list
>>>
>>> But... if you *are* talking about IMP, after you attach the pdf
>>> (browse for it, and click the "update" button), look to the bottom
>>>   of the "New Message" window, you will see that the name of the
>>> new   attachment is really a link.  Click on it, and it should
>>> give you a   preview.
>>
>> I performed the steps, although the link is generated I have no
>> preview of attached pdf with Horde-Imp, I attached screenshot.
>
> Aleka,
>
> This is neither a horde nor imp issue.  You simply need to teach
> your browser which application opens a PDF, or install a plug-in.
> If you install adobe reader, and you are using Mozilla Firefox, it
> should install a plugin that will do this for you -- you will need
> to refer to your distribution of linux documentation or post to a
> forum for your particular distribution of linux.
>
> Or, in the window you show in your screen shot, you simply choose
> the "Open with" option, navigate to your pdf reader (acrobat reader,
> xpdf, okular, etc.) and check the box at the bottom of the window
> that says "Always do this for files of this type", then it will
> spawn your pdf reader externally for your preview from now on when
> you click on a pdf link.
>
> If you still need help, find a forum for your distribution of linux,
> and tell them you need help getting the adobe reader plug-in to work
> in linux.
>
> Good luck.

Chris, Thanks for your answer.

I understand that a plug-in in a web browser will allow me to have a
preview of pdf files.

If well this is a good option, I need to have a preview of the files
pdf in Horde-Imp, as I have now preview files:  word and excel.

I understand this will never be an issue in Horde or Imp, but do you
think it would be possible to make it somehow?

Regards, Aleka