[horde] [Horde 4.0-git] i18n test Locales

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Mon Oct 4 10:01:43 UTC 2010

Jan Schneider a écrit :
> Zitat von Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Horde 4.0-git Debian Lenny
>>
>> I'm encountering some issues with locales that are not translated.
>> So, I've read the excellent  tuto horde/docs/TRANSLATIONS and  now
>> I'm trying the langtest.php in the Horde's PHP Shell.
>
> That's the problem. Don't run it in the shell.
>
>> I'am a little puzzled by the result . It seems that the translation
>> does not work.
>>
>> Here is the code langtest.php
>> [CODE]
>> <?php
>>
>>      setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, 'nl_NL');
>>      putenv('LANG=nl_NL');
>>      putenv('LANGUAGE=nl_NL');
>>      // use the tar test.
>>      echo dgettext('tar', 'Memory exhausted');
>>      echo '<br />';
>>
>>      // Specify location of translation tables
>>      bindtextdomain('horde', './locale');
>>
>>      // Choose domain
>>      textdomain('horde');
>>
>>      // Print the already tested message
>>      echo _("Message");
>>      echo '<br />';
>>
>>      // this should print the same.
>>      echo dgettext('horde', 'Message');
>>
>>      ?>
>>
>> [/CODE]
>>
>> Results
>>
>> Memory exhausted
>> Message
>> Message
>>
>> # End of results
>>

>> I'm wondering what is wrong or missed on my platform.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Gerard Breiner
>>
>> Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale
>> Campus Orsay-Ville
>> France
>>

>> --
>>

> Jan.

Thanks Jan! However Output web browser should be "Geheugen uitgeput
Bericht Bericht" whereas I get "Memory exhausted Bericht Bericht"...
Nevertheless it seems it is working.
However it appears to me that the translation for fr-FR in imp.po of
imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:64 imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:65
imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:73 imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:76 and
imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:79 is missed. So I added them in imp.po and
run the compile
horde/bin/translation  make --locale=fr_FR --module imp  --no-compendium
but the imp.mo file is not modified.

The "translation" command return :

[MESSAGE]
Horde translation generator
---------------------------
[   OK   ] Console_Getopt found.
[   OK   ] Console_Table found.
[   OK   ] File_Find found.

Searching gettext binaries...
[   OK   ] gettext found: /usr/bin/gettext
[   OK   ] msgattrib found: /usr/bin/msgattrib
[   OK   ] msgcat found: /usr/bin/msgcat
[   OK   ] msgcomm found: /usr/bin/msgcomm
[   OK   ] msgfmt found: /usr/bin/msgfmt
[   OK   ] msginit found: /usr/bin/msginit
[   OK   ] msgmerge found: /usr/bin/msgmerge
[   OK   ] xgettext found: /usr/bin/xgettext

[   OK   ] gettext version: 0.17

Searching Horde applications in /www/horde-git/horde/lib/../..
Found applications: horde, jeta, turba, passwd, trean, folks, fima,
timeobjects, news, skoli, kronolith, agora, ingo, gollem, imp, skeleton,
whups, vilma, mnemo, ansel, hermes, nag, beatnik, kastalia, jonah, wicked,
babel, luxor, chora

Cleaning up PO files for module imp...
Skipped...

Building MO files for module imp...
Skipped...

Results (including Horde):
| Module | Language | Translated | Fuzzy | Untranslated | Updated |