[horde] [Horde 4.0-git] i18n test Locales

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Mon Oct 4 15:51:03 UTC 2010

Jan Schneider a écrit :
> Zitat von Gerard Breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:
>
>> Jan Schneider a écrit :

>>> That's the problem. Don't run it in the shell.

>>> Jan.
>> Thanks Jan! However Output web browser should be "Geheugen uitgeput
>> Bericht Bericht" whereas I get "Memory exhausted Bericht Bericht"...
>> Nevertheless it seems it is working.
>> However it appears to me that the translation for fr-FR in imp.po of
>> imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:64 imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:65
>> imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:73 imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:76 and
>> imp/templates/dimp/index.inc:79 is missed. So I added them in imp.po
>> and run the compile
>> horde/bin/translation  make --locale=fr_FR --module imp
>> --no-compendium but the imp.mo file is not modified.
>>
>> The "translation" command return :
>>
>> [MESSAGE]
>> Horde translation generator
>> ---------------------------
>> [   OK   ] Console_Getopt found.
>> [   OK   ] Console_Table found.
>> [   OK   ] File_Find found.
>>
>> Searching gettext binaries...
>> [   OK   ] gettext found: /usr/bin/gettext
>> [   OK   ] msgattrib found: /usr/bin/msgattrib
>> [   OK   ] msgcat found: /usr/bin/msgcat
>> [   OK   ] msgcomm found: /usr/bin/msgcomm
>> [   OK   ] msgfmt found: /usr/bin/msgfmt
>> [   OK   ] msginit found: /usr/bin/msginit
>> [   OK   ] msgmerge found: /usr/bin/msgmerge
>> [   OK   ] xgettext found: /usr/bin/xgettext
>>
>> [   OK   ] gettext version: 0.17
>>
>> Searching Horde applications in /www/horde-git/horde/lib/../..
>> Found applications: horde, jeta, turba, passwd, trean, folks, fima,
>> timeobjects, news, skoli, kronolith, agora, ingo, gollem, imp, skeleton,
>> whups, vilma, mnemo, ansel, hermes, nag, beatnik, kastalia, jonah,
>> wicked,
>> babel, luxor, chora
>>
>> Cleaning up PO files for module imp...
>> Skipped...
>>

>> Building MO files for module imp...
>> Skipped...
>>
>> Results (including Horde):
>> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+
>> | Module | Language | Translated | Fuzzy | Untranslated | Updated |
>> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+
>> |        |          |            |       |              |         |
>> +--------+----------+------------+-------+--------------+---------+
>> [/MESSAGE]
>
> It doesn't even compile the french translation for imp, meaning that
> it either don't find it, or can't open it.
> And don't add items manually to the po file, use "translation update"
> (with the appropriate arguments).
>
> Jan.

Hum... that make me puzzle... because files imp.po and imp.mo for the
french translation exists... and are owned by the apache server.
/www/horde/imp/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES$ ls -l
total 428
-rw-r----- 1 webadm www 258962 2010-09-29 10:10 imp.mo
-rw-r----- 1 webadm www 163899 2010-10-04 16:15 imp.po

Sorry, I'm not sure to have understood how to use "translation
update"... I suppose  I have to added items via a file (foo.po) and then
run :
translation update --locale=fr_FR --module=imp  --compendium=foo.po

In this case I get :

[MESSAGE]
---------------------------
[...]

Extracting from imp... not changed

Cleaning up PO files for module imp...
Skipped...

Merging translation for module imp...
Skipped...

[/MESSAGE]

Thanks for this advice that makes more secure the add of items.
Nevertheless I do not understand what  that prevent to update the "locales".

Best regards

Gerard Breiner