[horde] Problems with the website

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Oct 7 13:05:07 UTC 2010

Zitat von Niklas Laxström <niklas.laxstrom at gmail.com>:

> Just my experience when I tried to find how to report a translation
> error in Horde (or the webmail part). With Google I ended up in
> http://www.horde.org/horde/docs/?f=TRANSLATIONS.html . This page was
> not useful at all. It doesn't say how to report translation bugs. Then
> I tried to use the bug reporting system, but it asked for a version of
> Horde. I looked around a bit but could not find that information. Then
> I went back to that page and saw that there is guide for translators
> in the source code. There is no link however, and the "Source Code"
> link in the sidebar is just broken. It appears like it is very
> difficult for end users to figure out how to submit bug reports.

There are actually good reasons for this and you even mention one. Our
"users" are not really the end users but the administrators. It's next
to impossible for us to support end users, because the software we
develop is not installed by end users, they don't have any control
over it, and they can't easily provide more information about their
installations. The fact that you wasn't able to find out the version
number is a typical situation.

It's not that we don't care about end users, actually we do care a
lot, because administrators won't install our software if their users
are unhappy. It's just that we can only support them through their
customer support/administration appartment. Those folks can tell us
which version they have installed, how it has been configured etc.
This information is crucial for almost any bug report or other feedback.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/