[horde] PHP blues . . .

Niels Dettenbach nd at syndicat.com
Tue Oct 19 18:00:56 UTC 2010

-- Urspr. Mitt. --
Betreff: Re: [horde] PHP blues . . .
Von: Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>
Datum: 19.10.2010 17:50

--- On Tue, 19/10/10, Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com> wrote:
> From: Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com>
> Subject: Re: [horde] PHP blues . . .
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
> Date: Tuesday, 19 October, 2010, 17:52
> Am Dienstag 19 Oktober 2010, 16:50:06
> schrieb Spyros Tsiolis:
> > Writing main configuration file
>
> > /var/www/horde/config
> > prefs.php :
> > -----
> > date_default_timezone_set("Europe/Athens");

date.timezone =

> What ?
> never had to update this before .

This is an old php.ini option which is required since last php versions and not horde related. As described in Changes / Update of PHP >= 5.2 or 5.3 (doesn't remember exactly) you have to set this. May be you have disabled any warnings or did not read any update docs of PHP nor your distributions package manager is handling that for your properly.

> Are there any pointers as
> to the syntax of this line ? I have no idea !

As described in php.ini and the php docs - just fill in your locale - i.e..:

date.timezone = "Europe/Berlin"

rtfm

Cheers,

Niels.