[horde] backport active sync horde 3.x ?

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Nov 1 17:58:27 UTC 2010

Quoting Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org>:

> Am 28.10.2010 00:48, schrieb Michael J. Rubinsky:
>> "Robert Schetterer" <robert at schetterer.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi @ll,
>>> is there a working backport of active sync for horde 3.x ?
>>> i tried a few z-push backend beta horde implementations
>>> but none worked
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards
>>>
>>> MfG Robert Schetterer
>>>
>>> Germany/Munich/Bavaria
>>> --
>>
>> Nope. Horde 4 only.
>> -- Mike
>
> hm,
> what a pitty
> no flame , but it may take longer time
> to horde 4 release

We hope to start the release cycle with alpha releases by end of 2010
or early 2011.

> perhaps meanwhile this could be adapted to 3.x
>
> http://www.alixen.org/projects/hordezpush

I haven't seen this particular release. If this suits your purposes,
great, but it's based on the existing zpush and the "diff" backend
which, performance wise, is absolutely horrible. You will also have
significant issues in a number of areas, including recurring events
and exceptions.

I spent a considerable amount of time rewriting portions of the zpush
code, refactoring it into a stand-alone horde library, and improving
support in Horde's applications for things like recurring
events/exceptions. It's simply not possible to port some of the
improvements to Horde 3 due to backwards compatibility issues. So,
backporting will not be done.

> seems mostly done, but seems to have problems with
> recent Kronolith versions and php 5.3.x
>
> anyway a daily complete snapshot of the horde 4 webmail project
> will make comming things more easy to test

We already do provide snapshots of Horde 4 applications and libraries.

> i found description of install frpm git isnt easy to understand

Sorry you find this to be the case. I am assuming you have found the
instructions on our website at http://horde.org/source/git.php - If
you have specific questions on setup, an email to the
dev at lists.horde.org list is sure to generate a helpful response.

Thanks,
mike

--