[horde] backport active sync horde 3.x ?

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Tue Nov 2 08:21:40 UTC 2010

Am 01.11.2010 18:58, schrieb Michael Rubinsky:
> Quoting Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org>:

>>> Nope. Horde 4 only.
>>> -- Mike
>>
>> hm,
>> what a pitty
>> no flame , but it may take longer time
>> to horde 4 release
>
> We hope to start the release cycle with alpha releases by end of 2010 or
> early 2011.
>
>> perhaps meanwhile this could be adapted to 3.x
>>
>> http://www.alixen.org/projects/hordezpush
>
> I haven't seen this particular release.

Hi Michael,

yeah seems relative new, but i cant reach the coder
for working out the bugs ( or my understanding of them )
perhaps we would pay for fixing them if it results in a usable
backport ( or lets say addition to horde 3.x )

 If this suits your purposes,
> great, but it's based on the existing zpush and the "diff" backend
> which, performance wise, is absolutely horrible. You will also have
> significant issues in a number of areas, including recurring events and
> exceptions.
>
> I spent a considerable amount of time rewriting portions of the zpush
> code, refactoring it into a stand-alone horde library, and improving
> support in Horde's applications for things like recurring
> events/exceptions. It's simply not possible to port some of the
> improvements to Horde 3 due to backwards compatibility issues. So,
> backporting will not be done.

ok i understand, didnt know this
in detail
could only test push mail with z-push, which works fine
to druid

>> seems mostly done, but seems to have problems with
>> recent Kronolith versions and php 5.3.x
>>
>> anyway a daily complete snapshot of the horde 4 webmail project
>> will make comming things more easy to test
>
> We already do provide snapshots of Horde 4 applications and libraries.
>
>> i found description of install frpm git isnt easy to understand
>

> Sorry you find this to be the case. I am assuming you have found the
> instructions on our website at http://horde.org/source/git.php - If you
> have specific questions on setup, an email to the dev at lists.horde.org
> list is sure to generate a helpful response.

as time to alpha releases horde 4
a complete snapshot tar from the webmail project
including all substuff would be much more easy to install, as checking out
code from git and adding pear channels etc
and should result in a bigger test community

but anyway, i respect your code deployment,
you may have allready discused good reasons on how to release

thx for your hard work

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer