[horde] (no subject)

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 08:57:53 UTC 2010

Hello kind people on the list :-)

Today apache crashed. Don't know much about the reason that it did.
The only suspicious message follows (from "/var/log/httpd/error_log") :

--------------------
[Wed Nov 17 10:46:52 2010] [error] [client 192.168.0.20] PHP Deprecated:  Assigning the return value of new by refer
ence is deprecated in /var/www/horde/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php on line 214, referer: https://192.168.1.4/horde/service
s/portal/sidebar.php
--------------------

The IP displayed (192.168.0.20) is one workstation running windows XP Pro with one very carefull user doing things on it.
I tried re-starting apache the manual way ("service apache restart") and
the system came back saying that apache is already running. Then,
typed "ps ax | grep http" and there were no running httpd procs.
So I had to restart the system (re-boot).

Running Horde/Webmail edition v1.2.8 on a CentOS 5.5
Let me know if you need anything more.

Thank you all for your replies and help,

Spyros

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis