[horde] s/mime signed mail lost on first attempt to send from imp

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Mon Nov 29 09:29:13 UTC 2010

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Bill Day <williamson.day at gmail.com>:
>
>> I am using horde webmail 1.2.9 on Ubuntu Lucid Linux 10.04 LTS with postfix,
>> dovecot, and mysql.
>>
>> The problem is that when I compose a message, sign it with an S/MIME
>> certificate, send it, and then enter the certificate password, the email
>> gets lost.  This does not occur on subsequent messages after the certificate
>> password is cached, and it only occurs when I try to send a signed message.
>> Sending mail from Thunderbird on the same server does not create any
>> problems.
>>
>> I have taken a look at the apache2 (access.log, error.log) and mail
>> (mail.log, mail.info, mail.warn) logs and not seen anything obviously
>> related.  Naturally, I will be happy to furnish excerpts from these or any
>> other logs, but I am hoping for a little guidance on what information would
>> be most helpful.
>
> Works fine here.

We have the same problem since ages. I have tried to debug this but it
is difficult because there is no error in the logs. Furthermore we
have two nearly identical installations with one showing this error
(sometimes) and the other not. The problem is only at first sending of
a signed/encrypted mail, all others work fine. With the first mail the
compose window sometimes get blank (all text is gone) after IMP has
worked for a while and no mail is sent and the composed text is lost.

Regards

Andreas