[horde] Imp/Dimp Inbox incorrectly shows 0 emails

Joe Besko jbesko at msu.edu
Fri Dec 3 14:56:41 UTC 2010

Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:

> Please do not get me wrong.  I do not think this should be thought
> of as a "Horde" or IMP issue.  If it was we would have thousands of
> people complaining.
>
> :-)
>
> As it is, we have a single address out of thousands who's INBOX
> always shows as empty when it definitely has read & unread emails in
> it.  I have:
>
> - configured another address with all the same preferences to try
> and recreate the problem and failed.
>
> - re-indexed the user's mailbox store as the cyrus user (NOT root)
> using cyrreconstruct -r and the INBOX displays correctly in another
> IMAP client.
>
> So I agree it sounds like an IMAP c-client issue.  And in fact we
> checked and we DID update all the PHP libraries on all our servers
> the day AFTER the problem was first reported.  So if it is a IMAP
> client issue it has been around for a while.
>
> I was just asking the list if anyone using Cyrus has run into this
> and if so, did they find out anything about it?
>
> FWIW, I did as suggested and tried all the different default sort
> criteria in Mailbox and Folder Display options.  Still no list of
> emails displayed in the INBOX.
>
> I WILL keep the list posted about anything we discover.  And thank
> you for any other thoughts or ideas you might have.

If you try to change the default sorting options without deleting the
user's sortpref, it won't have any affect.  The user's sortpref will
override the system's defaults.  You need to delete the user's
sortpref, have the user log out, if logged in, then log in after
deleting the preference.  We use mysql to store our user's prefs, and
the sql code looks like:

Verify the preference:
select * from horde_prefs where pref_uid='<userid>' and
pref_scope='imp' and pref_name='sortpref';

Deleting the preference:
delete from horde_prefs where pref_uid='<userid>' and pref_scope='imp'
and pref_name='sortpref';

I'd be curious to know what the user was sorting his messages on.

Good luck.

--

Joe Besko                      Phone:        517.432.5335
Systems Programmer             Fax:          517.353.9847