[horde] Questions About Horde Database Tables

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 4 21:38:28 UTC 2011

OK - so I managed to customize the bash script at:

http://wiki.horde.org/DatabaseCleanup

To clean up some old user accounts and information.

However, I am seeing that when I look at the horde_datatree table, there are
sometimes multiple rows for the same object for the same user.

What I mean by this is the group_uid may have "horde.shares.turba" multiple
times for the same user account - but the datatree_id is different for them.

Then I look at the horde_datatree_attributes table to look up those datatree_id
numbers - and there are rows that exist for them.  They are also the same as the
duplicates.

With that being said - what exacly does the horde_datatree and
horde_datatree_attributes tables do?  They don't seem to be referenced in the
turba_objects or turba_shares as an example.  The turba_shares database contains
a share_id, share_name, share_owner, and permission rows.  The share_id is a
four-digit number - which does not match any datatree_id numbers and the
share_name seems to be a long string of characters resembling a PHP session ID.
The share_owner is just the login account for the user that owns the row.

In the turba_objects table, there doesn't seem to be any reference to the
horde_datatree table as well.

In some instances, I've even seen where there is no data in the horde_datatree
table for a user - but there does exist a row in a <database>_share table with a
calendar, address book, etc.

Can anyone shed some light on this horde_datatree and horde_datatree_attributes
tables - and what exactly they do?

Brian S.