[horde] MDB2 Error: Revisited

Brian Spraker spraker at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 5 00:24:51 UTC 2011

OK - I'm bringing the subject up again because there is something that I am not
quite understanding.  Apparently this doesn't cause a problem since it works
with PHP 5.2.14 but not PHP 5.3.2.

Looking at the horde.log, I see this error:

Jan 04 18:18:06 HORDE [error] [turba] MDB2 Error: unknown error: _execute:
[Error message: Unable to execute statement]
[Last executed query: INSERT INTO turba_shares (share_name, share_owner,
attribute_name, attribute_params, attribute_desc, perm_creator, perm_default,
perm_guest, share_flags, share_id) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)]
[Native code: 0]
 [pid 31754 on line 1053 of
"/home/bsntech-com/www/webmail/lib/Horde/Share/sql.php"]

OK - so my question is this - how can horde be inserting question marks (?) into
the turba_shares table when there are several fields that only accept integers
(such as share_id) or smallint (such as share_flags, perm_creator, perm_default,
perm_guest).  Is the rest of the commands failing because MySQL is returning an
error when the question marks (?) are trying to be entered - and then stops
because of the failure?

Doesn't make sense why PHP 5.2.14 would work though - and not PHP 5.3.2.

Looking at my Horde configuration, I am not using the DataTree to hold anything
- so I've deleted all data out of the horde_datatree and
horde_datatree_attributes tables and set the "DataTree System" tab as "None".
I'm using "SQL" as the shares driver on the "Shares" tab - so this answers my
previous question - about whether the horde_datatree and
horde_datatree_attributes is needed.  These are not needed if using a share
system.

Brian S.
BsnTech Networks