[horde] Fwd: Re: Upgrading horde + apps

Huggy-Bear huggy-bear at luukku.com
Fri Jan 14 07:45:48 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider kirjoitti 10.01.2011 kello 16:12:
> The only officially supported method of installing and upgrading Horde is to install the tarballs provided by Horde.
>
> > What might help is information where in the code Horde is looking
> > its version information. The command cvs co seems to upgrade php etc
> > files, but because version information remains old, I presume I
> > shall do some scripts which upgrades something in the database (not
> > found in the scripts/upgrade).
>
> Don't presume, read docs/UPGRADING. The version is kept in
>  lib/version.php.

Now Horde is in 3.11 version. With CVS I was able to upgrade everything else, but Horde. I presume I had something wrong with file rights at www/horde/lib, because by downloading the tarball, extracting it to temp and then cp -a over to existing horde directory structure, upgrade went just fine.

Thank you for your advices! Next step is to get Horde working with Android phone (HTC).

- Jari