[horde] Goes back to login screen

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Jan 31 08:12:38 UTC 2011

Am Montag 31 Januar 2011, 07:56:12 schrieb barsalou:
> I've setup a recent stable version of horde-webmail-1.2.9.  I have
> successfully been able to get into the Administration screen and do
> setup with Horde without trouble.
>
> When attempting to change 'auto' authentication to IMAP, it fails to
> authenticate.
>
> The user credentials have been verified and can successfully login to
> the IMAP (dovecot, ubuntu 10.04) server.
>
> After turning logging on for horde, it shows that a successful login
> has occurred.
>
> There has to be something obvious that is missing, but can't put my
> finger on it.
>
> The interesting thing is that when it goes back to the login screen,
> it doesn't complain about a bad user or password.
>
> Other details that might be worth knowing:
>
> stored in /usr/share/horde3
> webroot in registry.php is set to '/horde'
> cookie is set to '/horde'
> This is a fresh install with nothing else on the server.
>
> Ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)

Hi,

I had the same issue with horde (just the base) yesterday.It automagically
disappeared and started working. Do you happen to access the installation via
http://localhost/horde ?

bklang suggested setting

$conf['auth']['ipcheck'] = false;

in horde/config.php

Please also take into account this blog post with additional caveats:
http://www.ralf-lang.de/2011/01/30/making-horde3-run-on-php5-3-opensuse-11-3/

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer