[horde] Goes back to login screen

barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Tue Feb 1 06:10:04 UTC 2011

Am Montag 31 Januar 2011, 07:56:12 schrieb barsalou:
>> I've setup a recent stable version of horde-webmail-1.2.9.  I have
>> successfully been able to get into the Administration screen and do
>> setup with Horde without trouble.
>>
>> When attempting to change 'auto' authentication to IMAP, it fails to
>> authenticate.
>>
>> The user credentials have been verified and can successfully login to
>> the IMAP (dovecot, ubuntu 10.04) server.
>>
>> After turning logging on for horde, it shows that a successful login
>> has occurred.
>>
>> There has to be something obvious that is missing, but can't put my
>> finger on it.
>>
>> The interesting thing is that when it goes back to the login screen,
>> it doesn't complain about a bad user or password.
>>
>> Other details that might be worth knowing:
>>
>> stored in /usr/share/horde3
>> webroot in registry.php is set to '/horde'
>> cookie is set to '/horde'
>> This is a fresh install with nothing else on the server.
>>
>> Ideas and suggestions are welcome. :)
>

> Hi,
>
> I had the same issue with horde (just the base) yesterday.It
> automagically disappeared and started working. Do you happen to
> access the installation via http://localhost/horde ?
>
> bklang suggested setting $conf['auth']['ipcheck'] = false;
>
> in horde/config.php
>
> Please also take into account this blog post with additional caveats:
> http://www.ralf-lang.de/2011/01/30/making-horde3-run-on-php5-3-opensuse-11-3/

Thanks for the above suggestions.

I made these suggested changes and had the same results.  It went back
to the login screen without any errors.

I can access the "Administrative setup" before I change authentication
to IMAP.  So the website seems to be working properly.

What other methods can I use to debug the authentication portion?

Mike B.