[horde] Horde (git) install problem

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 01:09:01 UTC 2011

I was using horde 3.3.11 but had a problem with IMP 4.3.9 that came with
it.  Using the IMP mailing list I was suggested to upgrade to IMP 5 that is
curently packaged with the next release of Horde (V4).  I initially posted
in the IMP mailinglist but I recognize that the current problem I have
belongs to the general horde mailinglist.

Basically, I downloaded Horde 4 with the new IMP 5 using the command

git clone --depth 1 git://github.com/horde/horde

and got the whole tree.  I moved the existing horde installation out of my
server's path and copied the horde-git tree to the path.  When I go to

http://$SERVER_IP/horde/horde/
test.php

I get a red message error saying:
Could not find Horde's framework libraries in the following path(s):
/var/www/htdocs/horde/horde/lib:.:/usr/lib/php. Please read
horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install these libraries.What
did i do wrong?  I followed the steps in horde/docs/INSTALL but cant figure
why it is not working...

/etc/httpd/php.ini has:

include_path = /usr/lib/php"

because pear config-show listed:
PEAR directory         php_dir            /usr/lib/php

The thing that got me confused is the fact that the horde tree I got using
the command above contains only folders (at its root) with one folder called
horde and others named after the projects such as kronolith, turba, etc...

Below is my former Horde 3.3.11 test.php output.

Horde Version
   - Horde: 3.3.11
Horde Applications
   - Dimp: H3 (1.1.6)
   - Horde: 3.3.11

   - Imp: H3 (4.3.9)
   - Ingo: H3 (1.2.5)
   - Kronolith: H3 (2.3.5)

   - Mimp: H3 (1.1.3)
   - Mnemo: H3 (2.2.4)
   - Nag: H3 (2.3.6)
   - Turba: H3 (2.3.5)
PHP Version
   - PHP Version: 5.2.13
   - PHP Major Version: 5.2
   - PHP Minor Version: 13
   - PHP Version Classification: release

   - *You are running a supported version of PHP.*

ANy help would be more than welcome!
Thanks!