[horde] Client (company owner actually) giving me a hard time about . . .

Spyros Tsiolis stsiol at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 07:50:55 UTC 2011

--- On Tue, 1/3/11, Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:

> From: Michael Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Subject: Re: [horde] Client (company owner actually) giving me a hard time about . . .
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
> Date: Tuesday, 1 March, 2011, 23:48
> Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:
>
> > Hello people,
> >
> > I have this client. She is actually the company
> owner.
> > For better or for worse, she bought an iPhone
> generation 4.
> > Since she bought this devils' device she pressures me
> > make it work with horde.
> >
> > Is there any change I can solve this quickly and
> efficiently :-)
>
> Depends on what you mean by "work with horde."  Horde
> 4 will ship with support for ActiveSync - to allow syncing
> contacts and calendar data over the air, as well as some
> mobile friendly views for some of the applications. For
> Horde 3 synching you would need a syncml client. Of course,
> for email, that could be accessed outside of horde completly
> via the native mail app.
>

> --mike
>
> The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
> mrubinsk at horde.org
>
> --Horde mailing list

Hi Michael,

Even more questions pop-up in mind  :-)
Can I setup the iPhone only with pop3/smtp as we speak ?
That's what I deduct from your writing.

For starters and if I can do this, it's, well, a start.

I don't know exactly how this works.
When I first installed and setup horde, I thought that one
would own an iPhone logon graphically (throught the iPhones'
little screen , I know it sounds redicilous) and go ehead
with his/her work.

However, I don't think you can have the horde graphical end
on the iPhone, like you get it a simple pc with a network
ocnnection.

Too many questions !

s.

----
"I merely function as a channel that filters
music through the chaos of noise"
 - Vangelis