[horde] Client (company owner actually) giving me a hard time about . . .

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 2 17:27:00 UTC 2011

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> When I first installed and setup horde, I thought that one
> would own an iPhone logon graphically (throught the iPhones'
> little screen , I know it sounds redicilous) and go ehead
> with his/her work.

Yes, this works.  I have many users who do this.  I only do it in a pinch
myself, and use imap most of the time, but it does work, and is actually
pretty good.

The problem is Horde/IMP see it as a mobile device and send it to MIMP
instead of IMP/DIMP.  You have to patch horde to fix this in older versions.

I've posted a patch many times in the past.  Google something like
"rostetter browser.php iphone patch" and you should find several threads with
my patch...

> However, I don't think you can have the horde graphical end
> on the iPhone, like you get it a simple pc with a network
> ocnnection.

Yes, you can.  It works well.